I want to be a smarter Craps player

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

HowieHops

Re: I want to be a smarter Craps player

Post by HowieHops » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:24 pm

Well there is no doubt from the approach I "used" to take that so far in my new adventure is trying to assess the state of the table before I jump in. My old traveling buddy and I ran to the tables like they were ready to destroy them forever and we had to get in NOW. We spent no time trying to take the temp of the table and nearly always paid for it dearly and would never change our approach. There is more I have read on this board that has helped me as well, but this one for sure.

Hops

Big O

Post by Big O » Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:36 pm

Taking more or full odds on my toss. Especially on my 1st point. I can usually eek out the first one even on a bad night. I think it stems from when i first started playing on a limited bank roll and wanting to place money on the box numbers.

Another play i think would help is to start my 6 & 8 off at 18 instead of 12. The last time i played i pressed them to 42 a number of times with only one hit at that level. Either that or regress them if they dont hit at that level after a few tosses.
"if it was easy anyone could do it"

rhythm roller

Post by rhythm roller » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:46 am

I Don't use Come bets very much but I do need to stop altogether on Come betting unless I am willing to put more than 5X odds behind them. If I want to use lower odds then I should be Place betting instead.
"The difference between try and triumph is a little umph."

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:19 pm

Another play i think would help is to start my 6 & 8 off at 18 instead of 12. The last time i played i pressed them to 42 a number of times with only one hit at that level. Either that or regress them if they dont hit at that level after a few tosses.
Well, you have to find a $10 table to play them at $12 anyway, so plan on $18. On a $10 table I like to play them for $24 each for one hit, then regress to $12 each. Then you're in a power position to go up and out if a hand develops.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Big O

Post by Big O » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:04 pm

On a $10 table I like to play them for $24 each for one hit, then regress to $12 each. Then you're in a power position to go up and out if a hand develops.
I like that play, I might have to walk (18) before i run (24), but if 6s and 8s are rolling i think ill try it. Nice to get in the drivers seat with just one hit. I might try it as a one hit cant miss 25 DP with 24 6 and 8.

They tables in Oklahoma are 10 most of the time, Winstar usually has 4 open at 10. Choctaw will usually have one 10 and one 15 if 4 are open usually 2 10s 1 15 and 1 25.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Winstar? Choctaw? But . . . but . . . but . . . the title of this thread is . . .

. . . oh, never mind. You know my opinion about paying an "ante" on every Come Out. It's almost as big of a bankroll drain as betting the ATS on every shooter. At least you have a fair shot at getting a return on your investment with the ATS bet. But that ante is just money tossed in the trash can.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Big O

Post by Big O » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Yea, i agree about the ante. it seems so ridiculous to me i dont see how they justify it. I guess they dont have to. I really thought as some of the more northern parts of the state quit charging it, it would put pressure on the others to quit but it doenst look like it. I guess as long as they have plenty of players it wont go away. The last few times i was at Winstar i couldnt get on a table even if i wanted to. I havent played there in over a year except for a couple of hands checking out their glass top. Even if it wasnt a drain it is annoying and game disrupting, and there is always discussion about if someone paid or didnt.