Introducing Myself

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

koreancowboy

Introducing Myself

Post by koreancowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi everyone!

Having lurked for a bit and conversing with Heavy himself, I feel like I've landed in the right place.

My name is KoreanCowboy (or KC for short, and yes, you can call me that in real life). I used to play craps years ago, but I switched to Blackjack once I moved out here to Vegas. However, series of events has led me to come back to playing craps. Granted, I am nowhere near the level that some of you guys are, but I'd like to get there someday.

As far as my playing style, I usually play on the DP using the Martingale system (for the most part). From what I can tell, it looks like I'm a part of the "Dark Side" LOL.

Anyways, I look forward to absorbing more knowledge and getting to know everyone here in the forum. :-)

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Introducing Myself

Post by heavy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:35 pm

Yeah, we're going to have to talk about that Martingale a bit . . .
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

koreancowboy

Post by koreancowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:01 pm

You mean it's not the best betting system in the world? LOL

luxlogs

Post by luxlogs » Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:15 pm

It's not bad as long as you limit it to 4 as in MP's Choppy Table Short Leash. Any more than that the hole is too big. I also don't let any one shooter take me for more than one bet. That last part is Graftstein not MP. There are many people who forgot more about this game than we will ever know. Learn from them, start with Heavy.

BTW Welcome

koreancowboy

Post by koreancowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:42 pm

luxlogs wrote:It's not bad as long as you limit it to 4 as in MP's Choppy Table Short Leash. Any more than that the hole is too big. I also don't let any one shooter take me for more than one bet. That last part is Graftstein not MP. There are many people who forgot more about this game than we will ever know. Learn from them, start with Heavy.

BTW Welcome
Thank you!

Yes, definitely spending a lot of time reading from the regulars here.

MP's Choppy Table Short Leash is pretty close to how I normally play, so it's an easy system to adapt. I do limit myself to 4, then reset back down to one unit. I'm currently practicing online (Wizard of Odds) now, until I can get a craps table in my place.

(any suggestions for better practice are welcomed)

koreancowboy

Post by koreancowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:43 pm

"I also don't let any one shooter take me for more than one bet. That last part is Graftstein not MP."

Yes, I've read this a couple of times...just to clarify, does that mean that once you win or lose, you don't place another bet until another shooter comes up?

Bankerdude80

Post by Bankerdude80 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Welcome KC, thanks for posting.

There are a lot of golden nuggets of info buried in this site from our resident expert contributors.
I'd call them wise guys, but that could be taken out of context. :oops:
Their wisdom on approaching the game of craps has definitely helped me.
"Take the Money and Run...."
- Steve Miller Band

Michael

Post by Michael » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:58 pm

KC,
Graftstein says to not lose but one bet per shooter.You can win as many as you can.
Welcome aboard,Michael
Rock On
M & M

koreancowboy

Post by koreancowboy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:26 pm

Michael wrote:KC,
Graftstein says to not lose but one bet per shooter.You can win as many as you can.
Welcome aboard,Michael
Thanks for clarifying that Michael, I appreciate it.

I will have to try that next time I go and play.

Jeff40

Post by Jeff40 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Welcome, to the best place on internet for Craps.

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Welcome, there's a ton of good info on this site, read it and enjoy!
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

koreancowboy

Post by koreancowboy » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks everyone! Yes, this is a great place for information, and having extensive experience in online community management, I can tell that this place is well-ran, as well as it has a good community of people that are willing to help out.

DONaTello

Post by DONaTello » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:58 pm

koreancowboy wrote:"I also don't let any one shooter take me for more than one bet. That last part is Graftstein not MP."

Yes, I've read this a couple of times...just to clarify, does that mean that once you win or lose, you don't place another bet until another shooter comes up?
You probably didn't think that question through. If you are playing the Don't and you win, another shooter comes up. ;)

If I am playing the Don't and the shooter makes the point, I may wait until I see two seven outs in a row before I get back in. Depending on how 'Don't' the table is running.
DONaTello