Come bet progression

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Shooter

Come bet progression

Post by Shooter » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:36 pm

I usually make place bets on my three dominant numbers the 5,6, and 9. I love following Heavy’s progression using a collect and press strategy.

Does anyone in this forum use a come bet progression strategy that will lead to reaching table max on a number.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Operator

Re: Come bet progression

Post by Operator » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:25 pm

Shooter the progression you are looking for is call.
Rappin captain exponetial odd betting use the search function or type it into google you need a 20 times odds table hence tunica to take advantage of this.As far as systems go it aint bad but takes a good size bank roll. Have fun

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Come bet progression

Post by heavy » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:12 pm

Here are Sid's (the Rappin' Captain) rules for Come Betting. Note that he looked for at least a $25 minimum 20X odds table to play on:

The Free Odds Exponential Betting Strategy.

Rule #1. Make a Pass Line or Come bet on every roll of the dice. This bet gives up one of the
lowest house edges. If you do not make this bet you are not getting paid on the 7 or 11. These
natural wins - even on a loss - reduce the house edge to 1.4%.

Rule # 2. Do NOT take odds until the second number has been established. By doing this you are
taking advantage of the 2/3 disadvantage the player has on the first roll of the dice. A second roll
seven would result in a draw or push in this case. By placing any other bets before this you are
heading for ruin much faster and giving up a much higher house edge.

Rule # 3. When the second number has been established take 5 times odds on BOTH of the
numbers you have established and every number rolled after that.

Rule #4. After each repeater press your bet by no more than 20% to 25% of the previous bet. For
example - $25 odds would be pressed to $30. This way you are taking moneys off the table and
putting it in your rack.

Rule #5. Always work with four or more established numbers. It takes at least two established
numbers to overcome the six ways to make a 7. Remember, there are 6 ways to make a 7 for a
loss. You might establish the four and nine as Come bet points on your second and third tosses.
There are four ways to make a nine and three ways to make a four, for a total of 7 ways to win.
So you have 7 ways to win versus 6 ways to lose. That sounds good, but typically you will need
three to four repeaters to have a winning game. In a worst case scenario, you may have all six
box numbers established as points without a repeater. You have huge exposure at this point.
However, you'll have 24 ways to win versus 6 ways to lose, for a 4 to 1 win ratio. Just remember
that one 7 wipes out the other six numbers.

Betting Progression: Here is how the betting should go. After the first repeater, press the
repeating number, and only the repeating number, to 6 times odds. After the second repeater of
the same number, and only the repeating number, press to 8 times odds. After the third repeater
of the same number, and only the repeating number, press to 11 times odds. After the forth
repeater of the same number, and only the repeating number, press to 15 times odds. After the
fifth repeater of the same number, and only the repeating number, press to 20 times odds.
Remain at 20 times odds until the hand ends.

As you can see for example, on the 6 and 8 worse case scenario, you will get paid on the first hit,
if starting with a $25 pass or come bet with 5 times odds, $150 with $25 flat or $175 and
pressing it by only $25 or going to 6 times odds you are breaking even if you don't hit a second
time. But if you hit a second time you get paid $205 and pressing $50 or to 8 times odds and you
racking $155. If you hit a third time you get paid $265 and pressing $75 or to 11 times odds and
you racking another $190 for a total of $345. If you hit a forth time you get paid $355 and
pressing $100 or to 15 times odds and you racking another $255 for a total of $600. You are just
about doubling your payoff every time you have a hit.

So there you have it. Adapted for a $5 game the strategy would look like this on even numbers:

$5 PL or Come. $25 odds.

First Repeater - press to $30 odds

Second Repeater - press to $40 odds

Third Repeater - press to $55 odds

Four Repeater - press to $100 odds

At the $10 level it would look like this:

$10 PL or Come. $50 odds.

First Repeater - press to $60 odds.

Second Repeater - press to $80 odds.

Third Repeater - press to $110 odds.

Fourth Repeater - press to $200 odds.

For my own edification I've taken this out to the 100X odds level. We'll assume we have
$200 odds working at the $10 base bet level.

Fifth Repeater - $350 odds.

Sixth Repeater - $440 odds.

Seventh Repeater - $575 odds.

Eighth Repeater - $760 odds.

Ninth Repeater - $1000 odds.

Nine repeaters to get to $1000 odds.

Now, for the sake of comparison, I'll look at a betting progression on the six or eight based on
RC's initial starting bet on a $10 game of $60.

$60 - first hit regress to $42 and lock up $70 win plus $28 from regression. $98 off the table. $42
bet is "paid for" with zero exposure.

Second hit at $42 pays $50 for $1 - same bet - lock up $49. $147 in the rack.

Third hit pays $42 - press to $90 - lock up $1 - $148 in the rack.

Fourth hit pays $105 - toke $5 - lock up $100 - $248 in the rack.

Fifth hit pays $105 - press to $180 - lock up $15 - $263 in the rack.

Sixth hit pays $210 - lock it up - $473 profit in the rack.

Seventh hit pays $210 - drop $30 and press to $420. $443 profit in the rack.

Eighth hit pays $500 for $10 - lock it up. $933 profit in the rack.

Ninth hit pays $500 for $10 - press to $900. $10 change gets locked up. $944 profit in the rack.

Which play makes more sense? RC's play has the lower house edge by a long shot. He also has a
better chance of hitting a repeater early as I tend to only Place bet the six and eight on other
shooters. Honestly, I haven't taken the time to go through RC's ten dollar play from repeater one
all the way up through repeater nine to see how much money he'd have off the table at that point.
I'm confident from having seen his rack of green and black through the years that it would be a
lot.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy