If anyone ever tells you that you leave your bets up too lon

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Consultant

If anyone ever tells you that you leave your bets up too lon

Post by Consultant » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:02 pm

Player A and Player B have different winnings on the same roll.
http://i46.tinypic.com/2lxj8tf.jpg
  • They both started with a $6 Place bet.
  • Player A takes his winnings after every win.
  • Player B uses Up a Unit betting after every win..
  • Stop the hand at any hit and note the difference.
  • Image size was too large. Try the URL above and click on the picture to enlarge it.
If anyone ever tells you that you leave your bets up too long:

Consultant

Re: If anyone ever tells you that you leave your bets up too

Post by Consultant » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Yes, you might also consider Pressing the bet.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Hey, I like the "pain versus gain" idea in that graph.

The graph might be a little misleading to some of the guys because most of us bet the six and eight in pairs - so instead of $6 at risk they have $12 at risk to win $7 on one hit. Something to consider.

You might consider adding two more sets of data. One would include an early steep regression. Say a $30 wager that regresses to $12 after the first hit.

The other option might be an early power press. $18 six hits. Drop $3 and press it to $42. Next hit pays $50 for $1. I love that move.

There's something in this game for everyone.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

DeadCat

Post by DeadCat » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:22 pm

Here's an article with a chart including those bets I wrote about 5 years ago:

http://www.diceinstitute.com/2007/02/of ... ncern.html

-DC
Last edited by DeadCat on Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:36 pm

Very interesting, DC
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am

Ah, the old 50% press (press every other hit) comes through again.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Consultant

Post by Consultant » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:22 am

I think your chart is a bit over simplified. You also have to look at the likelihood of the hit event occurring. Sure, it looks like a simple decision at 10 hits. But what's the likelihood of getting to 10 hits? What are the average number of hits per average hand?
Yes, irish it was intentionally over simplified! Heavy also wanted more:

Code: Select all

The graph might be a little misleading to some of the guys because most of us bet the six and eight in pairs - so instead of $6 at risk they have $12 at risk to win $7 on one hit. Something to consider.

You might consider adding two more sets of data. One would include an early steep regression. Say a $30 wager that regresses to $12 after the first hit. 
When I need to get a point across, I attempt to exclude all extraneous information.

I also, usually Place the 6 and 8 together, but it would muddy up the chart! I also Press, but that would be irrelevant to the chart.

I also stated to go down the chart one line at a time and stop at any level that you wanted to and see the results. Look at the chart for four hits or five, six or seven.

We could also make the chart for a $30 Place Bet or even a $120 Place bet, but that was not the intention. The question is is it better to use Up a Unit betting or take at each win?

I appreciate your suggestions. I am also a complete stranger to your tables and table code on this board and trying to learn how to post here.

My intention is not or will not be to tell anyone here how to bet or play the game.

Many people believe that this is A negative Expectation Game and that Dice Control or Dice Influencing are impossible. To each his own!

Some people like Progression, some Regression, some say why Regress if you have an advantage. Again to each his own!