I WAS WRONG !!!!

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

SHOOTITALL

I WAS WRONG !!!!

Post by SHOOTITALL » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:20 pm

Heavy, Board members, I owe you all and apology and especially, I owe Mad Professor an apology. I thought that I had discovered the
One Hit - Can't Miss system, but I was WRONG. I just discovered a few minutes ago that I had without knowing it plagiarized
Mad Professor without knowing it.
I was looking for some stats and came across MP's PLAYBOOK (A Peek inside of Mad Professor's Playbook) and was going down some of his systems and came across this:
Don't Pass with 6 & 8 Working Overtime.

Start with $25 on the DP.
Place the 6 & 8 for $12 each.
If the 7 shows you win a net of $1.
If the 6 or 8 hits, regress to $6 each and collect $14.
If the 7 shows you are ahead $27.
If the 6 or 8 show again, press the number that hit by one unit.
Continue this method of alternating collecting then pressing until the 7 shows, then start over.

It does not matter that I had never seen it, I know that his Playbook precedes my discovery and so I owe him a big apology for taking
credit for something that was not mine. I feel terrible about this. I have written MP with an apology and hope he will accept it. SIA
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

luxlogs

Re: I WAS WRONG !!!!

Post by luxlogs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:23 pm

SIA

There is nothing new under the Sun, no harm no foul.

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:39 pm

It is mighty humble of you to apologize but I agree with Lux. Some Knight during the crusades probably bet the same way but he never bothered to write about it.

luxlogs

Post by luxlogs » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:58 pm

In fact, the Roman Centurian Longinius used one hit can't miss at the foot of the Cross to win Christ's garment. They were not called dice back then, they were called lots and were made from a sheep's ankle bone, the only square bone to be found in nature.

Knick111

Post by Knick111 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:35 am

Greetings shootitall,

I think that system by mp is not a one hit and you can't lose system.

Shooter throws a 6 or 8, you win 14 dollars- that's your first hit.

Now the shooter throws again and makes the point - WHICH is not a 6 or 8.

MP will lose $25 dollars on his don't pass bet on that play.

MP will lose $25 on the secound shot AND win $14 on the first shot, losing a total of $11 dollars.

so that system will not win after one hit, your system will.

You where not WRONG.

Your system still holds up. comments one way or another. Jaime.

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:58 am

I had the same thought about the history of craps. I thought I invented placing the 5,6, and 8 for $18 and $10 on the field and man did it work
until a seven came along. So I varied it. I'd do it for one roll..roll 3 or 6. The seven still showed up. Damn! The thing that bothers me about the MP-SIA offering (as I understand it) is , of course, the eleven showing up. You lose immediately on the DP bet (unless you drop $2 on the yo to start). Also if the DP number hits on the second roll you lose $25 fast. I prefer $15 DP on a charted cold shoot and a $10 DC. Don't place the 6 and 8 unless one of them hits. Let them prove themselves. Notice I keep saying charted. That, to me, is of ultimate importance.

luxlogs

Post by luxlogs » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am

If you want to take all the fun out of the game, Chart. That's what I did.
Without Charting your blind deaf and dumbass

luxlogs

Post by luxlogs » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:19 am

And probably busted

mssthis1

Post by mssthis1 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:03 am

I appreciate everyone who writes about their betting schemes. It keeps my coconut active and I'd rather hear about all the different ways people bet and I'll sort the wheat from the chaff myself.

I use a modified version of your one hit can't miss quite a bit these days. I make a $5.00 DP with $30.00 odds no matter what the point is. I then place the six and eight for $30.00 each. I leave the six and eight up if they hit and if the roll progresses to the point that I have recouped my initial investment I start to spread out to other points when the six and eight hit again. You would be surprised how quickly you can cover every point if someone gets on a roll and the loss from a PSO is much easier to recover from than betting across right out of the gate.

SHOOTITALL

Post by SHOOTITALL » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:23 am

It has been a week since I posted and I have not heard back from MP. So, I guess I will take Jamie's explanation to use as he is correct in that MP's system is not a One Hit - Can't Miss. So, my apology still stands but they do seem to be similar but different variations.
Now, Mssthis1 got me to thinking about a variation. That is the old CO Yo. Since the OHCM system makes a buck with a single hit on the six or eight and getting the random shooter to throw a CO point, the odds for that are basically 24/35 (68.5%) and a CO loser (7or11) odds are 8/35 (22.9%), we can lower that to 17.1% by placing the $1 we would have won on the yo, thereby decreasing our loss percentage on the CO by 25% (2/8). On the downside, if the shooter throws PP, we lose $6 rather than $5 or and extra 20%. This is probably nutty so any and all comments appreciated. More later.
Last edited by SHOOTITALL on Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your craps plan? The dice gods laughed.

Mad Professor

Post by Mad Professor » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:58 am

Hi SIA,

Ms. MP and I just got back from a one-lap circuit of Macau, Singapore, and Kuala Lumpur; so I have been tardy in responding.

The fact is, there really aren't any 'new' betting-methods in the dice-betting universe; but rather just variations on a theme.

I assume that others before me were using that approach waaaaaay before I first wrote about it back in '96 or '97; and so my friend, no harm, no foul, and definitely no hard feelings. :P

Best regards,

MP