How many decisions in a weekend of play?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

acpa

Re: How many decisions in a weekend of play?

Post by acpa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:07 pm

Are you asking the number of rolls in a weekend or how many bet you make in a weekend? I'm not sure what you are getting at.

Noah

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:42 pm

I doubt that most of us would see more than 600 decisions on a weekend in Vegas. Use my normal:

Arrrival day - 1 session of 60 - 90 minutes
Day two - 3 - 4 sessions of 45 - 60 minutes
Day three - 3 - 4 sessions of 45 - 60 minutes
Departure day - 1 session of 45 - 60 minutes

Total of 8 - 10 sessions. Average of 50 minutes or so per session. 400 to 600 decisions based on 60 decisions per hour.

For those of you who like to proclaim that the average table sees 90 - 120 decisions an hour - I'll just say you've probably never tracked a 60 roll hand before and checked it against the clock. I think somewhere around 66 rolls in an hour is about the most I've ever scored.

Now, if you're taking 2 - 3 trips to Vegas a year and that's about all you play - you're seeing 800 - 1800 decisions per year. Let's call is 1200 for an average.

How do you define the long run? Can it be measured in 1200 decisions or do you need 7200 - or 12,000, or 120,000, or 720,000. When the card counters are testing out new strategies they never settle for less than a million roll test. Is that what we need? You tell me?
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 am

The next time I go to Tunica , I shall see just how many decisions per hour I have on the craps table . I doubt that it will be more than 50.

It will be easy for me since I only bet a DP laying single odds , one loss per shooter

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 am

The next time I go to Tunica , I shall see just how many decisions per hour I have on the craps table . I doubt that it will be more than 50.

It will be easy for me since I only bet a DP laying single odds , one loss per shooter

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:49 pm

I tracked decisions for 1 hour on a craps table . The table in that hour had 7 or 8 players at all times , not a lot of prop bets , but some, mostly hard ways and ATS wagers. The table was quite fast . I was playing a $10 DP wager laying single odds , one loss per shooter.

During the hour, I only lost one or two wagers to a natural. There were 17 shooters and no long hands. If my DP/odds were killed, the shooter would promptly seven out after establishing a point.

During the hour, I had wagers on the felt for 76 decisions. I was surprised that I was at risk for that many decisions but it was a fast table with no problems , no late bets and few prop bets.

KrapsNovice

Post by KrapsNovice » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:17 pm

I assume you're all stating how many rolls per hour? My question for Dylane and Heavy (everyone else) would be how many final decisions. Essentially based on Dylane and Heavy's numbers how many times did PL and DP win combined within 76 rolls and 60 rolls.

Thank,
KN

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:49 pm

An ESTABLISHED Pass Line bet will lose roughly two our of three times. An established Don't Pass Line bet will win roughly two out of three times. That "established" part is the tricky part. The Don'ts will get knocked off statistically much more often than DF mentioned in his post - it's essentially an 8 to 3 loser on the Come Out (remember the 12 is a push). The Pass Line bet is a 2 to 1 winner on the Come Out. At the end of the day, both bets - when looked as a whole - lose around 50% of the time. Both win around 50% of the time. Of course, there's the house edge to factor in, but that's minuscule if you're playing the game properly.
- Heavy

Dylanfreake

Post by Dylanfreake » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:44 am

There were 17 Final Decisions in that hour of play.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:28 am

Yeah, at 60 rolls an hour you'd actually expect around 15 final decisions an hour average. The 7 will resolve bets 1 roll in 6, but some decisions are resolved by the shooter making his pass, that brings the average game down to around 3.8 rolls.
- Heavy