Variance and the DI

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

stratocasterman

Re: Variance and the DI

Post by stratocasterman » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:13 pm

Spot on Irish...in my now early DI journey, when my results were trash, I blamed it on my dice set. I changed sets back and forth to no avail. Then, after reading some of your variance posts, I realized it was highly likely to BE variance and DI practice. It was not any trend. So I quit all the dice set changing and buckled down to honing my skill set with the dice.

As time goes by with toss practicing and improving/learning, my original dice set (that I stick with now) seems to produce the results I want.

How do I know I am influencing the dice? Dollars and sense (same betting strategy) I say. I stick to the plan and results are showing up in the bankroll.
What Heavy said...
"Get in, get up, get gone"

eastcoast

Post by eastcoast » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:20 am

Irish, In your post you said the edge is imprecise, which for a number of reasons is understandable, but my question is, any idea of just what the edge might be for say, a average skilled player?

DanF

Post by DanF » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:46 pm

An edge can be imprecised also because it's not everyday your toss is in the zone, some day you make many manipulations errors and they balance in the overall count too. This is basicaly why setting is still allowed in the first place.