Come Bet Plus?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Kelph

Come Bet Plus?

Post by Kelph » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:41 am

OK, I may be saying what has been already hashed over before and my tired mind slipped a gear and forgot.

If one is a Come bettor (I'm not) you already know all the pros and cons compared to Place. While reading my old Crapsmen newsletters for another post on a different thread I came across an article by Edward Heston on Come bets.

If you want to bet Come and avoid killer Craps or a CO 7 taking all the flat bets or pick your numbers like a Place bet but receive true odds just make an equal Come and Don't Come bet. If you like the number take full odds. If the number hits the flat portion is a wash and you make money on the odds.

If a CO 7 is tossed the flat portion is a wash and the odds are returned or you could use them or some of it to Place the same numbers and start Come betting again using any Place number wins for odds.

If one of your Come numbers is thrown on a new CO the flat portion is a wash and the winning bet with the original odds are returned. Again you could Place the number with all or a portion of the returned bet and bet Come again.

12 is the only Come CO killer and of course a 7 Out eats your odds on established Comes.

You can pull your odds down or adjust them as you please. Maybe pull all odds after several hits or regress the odds and wait it out.

Yes you give up some advantage but eliminate what I think are bigger disadvantages.

Thought it was an interesting article.

Kelph

acpa

Re: Come Bet Plus?

Post by acpa » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:12 am

don't you have the 1.4+ percent house advantage against you on both bets if you are doing this on a random roller?

noah

Kelph

Post by Kelph » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:47 pm

acpa,

Just my thoughts that many will no doubt disagree with.

Everything is calculated on every roll of the dice and once you cease to be in action on every roll the black and white becomes grayish. Maybe you'll win more & lose less, win less & lose more, or maybe it will still all even out exactly the same. Anyone can say what they want how it would end but what about the degree of certainty?

Regardless the point of the article was addressed more to Place bettors who are already fighting a higher HA and receiving less than true odds. The HA on a Doey Don't is 1.389% compared to the Placing HA of the various sister numbers. My thought was that these Plus Come bets would be played in the same sensible fashion as serious players manipulate control over their Place bets and not as typical Come bets where they would end up costing more than regular Come bets.

There are still some disadvantages but they are manageable. While a Come CO 7 technically is a winner it's like being the one to find the bullet in a game of Russian Roulette. I can due without that kind of luck.

I was just sharing an interesting idea that I read and any discussion is certainly welcome. I may now go back and give this a much more serious looking over. Each new Pass CO 7 is an opportunity to regress and re-establish those knocked down Come numbers out of a portion of the returned odds as the Come process begins anew.

Kelph

I can already see John Patrick's face turning red with steam shooting out the ears.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:58 pm

LOL. Everytime I mention something on JP's board about Come betting he pops a cork. God bless him. John's a legend. He's also a prince of a guy. And he's also right in his theories 99% of the time. But don't tell him I said that. He'd want to argue about the 1% and I think too highly of the man to even go there.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy