Crossing the Line

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

heavy
Site Admin

Crossing the Line

Post by heavy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:05 pm

I can't begin to tell you how many times I've found myself betting on the wrong side of the line through the years. Seems like whenever I'm betting PASS the dice don't pass, and when I bet DON'T PASS the table gets hot. You know the deal. The table is trending your way - then some little old lady who's never tossed the dice in her life comes along and throws thing but numbers for the next half hour.

I've come up with a lot of strategies to handle this through the years. If you see my "Transition Moves" article in the Experts Speak section you'll see one approach. Another is my old "heat seeker" strategy, which lets you tip toe into the game with minimal exposure, building up your bets as they earn their way into it. Seriously, there is no foolproof way to bet the dice. But if a lifetime of playing craps has taught me anything, it's that I need to Follow the Trend at the table.

Here's a way to do that. When you step up to the table buy in for a small amount, but don't toss out any action right away. Instead, start tracking what numbers have rolled and determine which way the decisions are going. What you are looking for are two consecutive same side decisions. In other words, you're looking for the dice to Pass twice - or for the shooter to seven-out twice in back-to-back decisions. Admittedly, two in a row isn't much of a trend, but it's all you have.

Your strategy is to bet the side of the game that won the last two decisions. Use your chips for tracking. In the front rack you can lay out chips according to what number rolled. 4 - 5 - 6 - 8 - 9 - 10. Six spots for you to stack up your chips according to what the last number was that rolled. In the back rack you'll track Pass and Don't Pass decisions. A white chip means the dice passed. A red chip means they did not pass.

You place a bet after two consecutive same-way decisions. Let's say it's $15 on the Don't Pass. Continue to track numbers rolled and PASS/DON'T PASS decisions. If you have a dominant number that's rolling, say the eight, you might want to place $12 on it. But only bet on the number that is rolling most frequently - even if it's a difficult number to roll like the 4 or 10. You always follow the trend. If there are streaks of three or more same way decisions on either side you will be there to capitalize on them.

Now let's assume that you won that $15 Don't Pass bet. Let's increase that bet by approximately 50% on the next hand - let's say we increase it to a $22 Don't Pass bet. We still have $12 on the eight, but as you look at your chips in the rack you realize that the nine is rolling almost as often. Bet $10 on the nine. You'll not have $22 total action in place bets and will be perfectly hedged on the Don't Pass bet.

Don't be afraid to try this strategy. If you have the patience to stand and watch before jumping into the game - this can work for you big time.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

wild child

Re: Crossing the Line

Post by wild child » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Once again I'll share a gem or two from my salad days ( circa early 1990's ) gaining some savy about THE GAME.

INDICATORS ,TELLS and such

On no decision sequences.
*The shooter displayes a series of WHIRL/WORLD #'s 2-3-7-11-12 . Stated otherwise ,NON BOX NUMBERS in a string, stay off this shooter for atleast THREE (3) ROLLS of the dice.

Should a shooter break up a prolonged RUN/STRING of BOX NUMBERS with HORN #'s,turn off or take down your action to save possible loss from the soon to show SEVEN OUT.

When any # is thrown three times back to back to back this is a TELL/INDICATOR of impending change. " Say what ??!!!" You may ask. Many times should the shooter get past the next three rolls W/O a SEVEN,prepare for an ever so rare :arrow: JAM UP BIG TIME MONSTER RUN / STRING of repeating numbers
( reconizable by the roar of the crowd) :shock: :o .

Dame Fortuna turns Life's Ferris Wheel with RUIN at the bottom and GOOD FORTUNE topside.

* There is only emperical observation and conjecture on this.
To my knowledge there is no science to any of it.

:?: THOUGHTS :?:

W C

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Crossing the Line

Post by heavy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Turn my place action off. $4 Horn. Parlay the first hit and press each one after that. Give me my money.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy