This is my strategy and I'm sticking to it

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

olddogcrapper

Re: This is my strategy and I'm sticking to it

Post by olddogcrapper » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:48 pm

$440 dollars inside Take 2 hits then go down to $66 inside. Collect and press to the moon. :o

House of Orange

Post by House of Orange » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:16 am

Regression avoids depression! Good Job.

memo

Post by memo » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:17 pm

OC,

I really like regressions...Let us know how it goes for you..
If the table is kind...This should work well..

The regression is steep, only two hits needed. (actually only one)
Have you given any thoughts about how many non hit rolls you will allow before regression?

Memo

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm

I like it as long as you have the bankroll to sustain those inevitable PSO's. Personally, if a shooter tossed three times with no hits I'd be looking at taking it down to $66 inside anyway.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

olddogcrapper

Post by olddogcrapper » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:01 am

memo wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:17 pm OC,

I really like regressions...Let us know how it goes for you..
If the table is kind...This should work well..

The regression is steep, only two hits needed. (actually only one)
Have you given any thoughts about how many non hit rolls you will allow before regression?

Memo
Been practicing hard for a month, so far very few craps numbers and mostly points. I know a seven can come anytime but I still don't work the come out ! lol But yes, I will roll for 2 hits because I want a decent profit , and the regression really makes me feel comfortable since it's paid for.

olddogcrapper

Post by olddogcrapper » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:05 am

heavy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm I like it as long as you have the bankroll to sustain those inevitable PSO's. Personally, if a shooter tossed three times with no hits I'd be looking at taking it down to $66 inside anyway.
This strategy just for when I am rolling. Boomtown not strict about betting other players, On other players I will only sometimes play $18 6 and 8. If it hits I'll do like $6 press on number that hits and spread outward if a hand develops.

olddogcrapper

Post by olddogcrapper » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:11 am

heavy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm I like it as long as you have the bankroll to sustain those inevitable PSO's. Personally, if a shooter tossed three times with no hits I'd be looking at taking it down to $66 inside anyway.
BTW I still flashback to that lesson we had. Thanks again ! Being a guitar player I've noticed things like how much pressure I'm putting on the dice, where my fingers are, the follow through and release all so important. Concentration is key to being consistent. I'm going to have to come see you again sometime. I'll be 69 on the 28th of this month. Can't believe how young I feel. Unless I have to do yard work or something and then my body says "your mind is lieing to you ! " Take care. Hope all is well.

Big O

Post by Big O » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:25 am

Can't believe how young I feel. Unless I have to do yard work or something and then my body says "your mind is lieing to you !
one of my favorite sayings
The heart says go
the body says whoa
the mind says uh oo
the wife says i told you so
"if it was easy anyone could do it"

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:08 pm

I'll be 69 on the 28th of this month. Can't believe how young I feel. Unless I have to do yard work or something and then my body says "your mind is lieing to you ! " Take care. Hope all is well.
I'm right there with you, friend. Amazing how young you feel sitting behind the computer or standing at the craps table looking down at that smiling cocktail server. But I'll be 73 in a few months and the thought of tuning up the lawnmower for another season wears me out already. Picking up all of those limbs the winter storms knocked down before I run that mower the first time? Damn. I'm exhausted before I start.
- Heavy

Moe Bettor

Post by Moe Bettor » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:16 pm

This is pathetic. I'm 83.9. You guys are young. I got the short stick, here. Now get out there and move some boulders and build houses,mow the back forty, and tend to the llamas. The dice do not care as to the age of the fingers touching them

olddogcrapper

Post by olddogcrapper » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:54 am

Well , I put up my $440 inside. Hit it twice and started to regress to $66. Then I thought hrmm $280 is a good payday. So I took it all down and shot for the point. Left with $265 and a smile. Now if I can manage to do this 20 days out of the month it will be a nice supplement to my retirement !

memo

Post by memo » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:27 am

olddogcrapper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:54 am Well , I put up my $440 inside. Hit it twice and started to regress to $66. Then I thought hrmm $280 is a good payday. So I took it all down and shot for the point. Left with $265 and a smile. Now if I can manage to do this 20 days out of the month it will be a nice supplement to my retirement !
Awesome ODC!

Always good to take profit off the table. How did the rest of the hand go....I am assuming that you were shooting.
As I remember, you were going to do this when shooting or someone you had confidence in..

Memo

220Inside

Post by 220Inside » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:58 pm

olddogcrapper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:54 am Well , I put up my $440 inside. Hit it twice and started to regress to $66. Then I thought hrmm $280 is a good payday. So I took it all down and shot for the point. Left with $265 and a smile. Now if I can manage to do this 20 days out of the month it will be a nice supplement to my retirement !
Nicely done! Would love to hear how the rest of the hand went, as it takes some good amount of discipline to come all the way down like that and lock up the full profit. Sounds like you even pulled your odds on the point too if you came out a net $265 ahead.

skasower

Post by skasower » Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:45 pm

OldDog,
I like your strategy too. I believe that Heavy nails the key spike here and that is daily bankroll. Lots of tossing practice makes this strategy sparkle. You are motivating me to get back to practicing my tosses and logging them into BT. One last point: I too have been trotting along the road of life and am looking at my 73rd birthday in June. I feel great, staying healthy (I have been a runner for over 40 years) and keeping my bad habits compartmentalized (a person needs good whisky, gin martinis, and rare ribeyes. And baked potatoes need tons of butter). However, limiting these vices while staying healthy means more years of practice and being able to depend upon the $440 inside strategy. I love it!
Profe$$or Ka$hFi$h

olddogcrapper

Post by olddogcrapper » Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:49 am

memo wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:27 am
Awesome ODC!

Always good to take profit off the table. How did the rest of the hand go....I am assuming that you were shooting.
As I remember, you were going to do this when shooting or someone you had confidence in..
Memo
I hit 4 or 5 more inside numbers but not the point, so $265 instead of $280 =)

AllahPena

Post by AllahPena » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:11 pm

I was re reading this thread and this is basically what I'm doing now. I never really understood it previously but I'm all in on the regression strategy now. I had to actually put pen to paper to make it make sense to myself but it cuts my breakeven # in half now. If it's crapless craps I'm going 52k across place bets and 30k across for the inside #s as put bets with full odds on a 3/4/5 table so 82k total. Each inside hit I'm collecting the profit and taking down the put bet. So if my first roll is a 6 I'm taking down 20k and also reducing my risk by 6k. 3 individual hits gets me effectively at break even and 4 is profit. I start pressing again after 8-10 rolls. If it's regular craps I'm going 32k across place bets and the same 30k in put bets. More risk upfront but definitely less risk overall.

Billionaireben

Post by Billionaireben » Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:06 pm

olddogcrapper wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:05 am
heavy wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 1:37 pm This strategy just for when I am rolling.
For betting this way only on yourself, how many initial inside wagers is a proper session bankroll and how many session bankrolls for a total bankroll. I work with a similar number, $220 down to $66, collect a few and then press aggressively; the main difference is laying 5/9 on comeout and setting to 7/11 for comeout.

If you were to bet on multiple shooters of equal skill (assuming you're a controlled shooter, if you're simply betting only on yourself to limit the number of large bets you make then never mind on this part) how much would that change session bank size needs?

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:14 pm

There's an article in this month's newsletter you might get a kick out of. Losing Sucks - Here's How to Get Over It. Check it out.
- Heavy

Crapscrusher

Post by Crapscrusher » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:26 pm

One hit at $440 inside then regress to $66 inside would get the job done, too, while being a safer bet. You could even regress to $110 inside and have your bets paid for on a single inside hit.