Won a few hundred bucks....Now what to do?

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

Only6foot6

Won a few hundred bucks....Now what to do?

Post by Only6foot6 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:37 pm

New member here and it is nice to meet all of you. I have been browsing all of the content for the past couple of weeks taking in a much as I can. I go to Las Vegas often but I am a new craps player. Always stuck to blackjack or playing random slots with my wife. Long story short, I ended up on one of those bubble crap machines (I know, I know....) :lol: a few trips ago and low and behold my timing was perfect and I sat down when someone rattled off 30+ rolls. Really didn't know what I was doing from a strategy standpoint, but I still made $400 betting very minimal bets ($5). Yep....now I got the fever and trying to learn everything.

I have been back several times since then and tried several betting strategies and really haven't settled on anything. I have played Heavy's Heat Seeking strategy (and similar variations) which definitely kills the time and minimizes the losses. I have also done several six and eight regression/press strategies which I have had some success with. I also played some Iron Cross variations which I am not really a fan of.

With all of that being said, I have been focusing on playing a six and eight regression/press strategy that I found on this site. I actually think it might be Heavy's strategy.

1. $30 on 6 and 8
2. First win, reduce 6 and 8 to $18
3. Second win on either number, take winnings
4. Third win on either number, press number that hit to 42
5. Fourth win (if number at $42 hits and other number still at $18, take winnings) or (if number at $18 hits, press to $42)
6. Fifth win (if number at $42 hits and other number still at $18, take winnings) or (both numbers at $42, press winning number to $90)
7. From there keep pressing winning number at $90 by $30 with every hit

Question - Is there a point where I decide to place other numbers like the five and nine? Do I just keep pressing the 6 and 8? I have gotten the eight up to 150 once. I realize everyone's comfort level is different and I am probably going to get a few different opinions, but I appreciate your feedback. I am just a newbie looking for some help. Thanks again!

r_ventura_23

Re: Won a few hundred bucks....Now what to do?

Post by r_ventura_23 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:22 pm

I am a strictly 6 and 8 player as well. Getting on the other numbers is the hardest part. If a few tens or 4s fall I will bet the table minimum on those and double the bet each time. $15-25-50-100-200-400 etc.

Getting in on the 5 and 9 is where I struggle. It usually takes like 3 5s in a row before I will place it.

heavy
Site Admin

Re: Won a few hundred bucks....Now what to do?

Post by heavy » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:06 pm

Betting the Five and Nine OR the Four and Ten, for me, depend on the shooter and how often those numbers are appearing. I know many players thumb their noses at charting tables and shooters, but if I'm watching a shooter and he tosses something like: 4 - 6 - 10 - 4 then you can bet your ass I'm going to bet the 4 and 10. Here's why. The 4 should show up 1 roll in 6 on average. Same for the 10. In this example we've seen 2 fours and 1 ten in three rolls. The 4 and 10 pay 2 - 1 when bought, so one hit pays for both. So had the 4 and 10 been bought in the above example both would have been paid for in the first hit. We'd have had $50 profit in the second hit and another $50 (which I'd have pressed with) in the third. Bottom line. I'm not going to miss the fourth hit. In fact, in this example, I would not have missed the third hit because if I see 1 four and 1 ten within 3 rolls I bet them both. Why? Because they are rolling in a higher than expected rate. Simple.

The same would go for the Five and Nine. The Five and Nine only roll one time in nine on average. They pay 7 - 5 on place bets, and that payoff does not justify betting them in pairs, so each has to earn it's on right to be bet. That means they have to be rolling MUCH more frequently than one roll in nine. I'm looking for them to be rolling in one in six or less. Preferably MUCH less. So I'm looking for a series similar to this: 6 - 9 - 4 - 5 - 9. That's 2 nines in 4 rolls. I'll then bet the Nine. Now if the 5 rolled next I'll bet the 5 also. My point is, I want to see those numbers pounding out frequently - not farther apart.

Now let's go a step farther and talk about charting for SEVENS. If you chart long enough you'll start to see trends on your chart where the Seven is showing at about the same point on your chart. You'll see, for example, that no one on this table is getting past roll 9. What does that tell you? It tells me that somewhere around roll 7 or 8 I want to take a big regression or maybe just take my action down and Lay the point. And if no one is getting past roll 5 maybe I just want to play One hit Can't Miss. Or if they can't get past roll 3 or 4 maybe I just want to play the Don'ts and Lay Odds. Just remember that about one shooter in ten is going to have a break out roll and be ready to transition to the right side when that happens.

So there you so. Look for "compressing" sevens or "expanding" sevens to tell you which way to bet overall when charting. Easy peasy. Frankly, I don't know why everyone doesn't do it.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy