$300/day

Setting and influencing the dice roll is just part of the picture. To beat the dice you have to know how to bet the dice. Whether you call it a "system," a "strategy," or just a way to play - this is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: 220Inside, DarthNater

LeftyAJ

Re: $300/day

Post by LeftyAJ » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:32 pm

I've posted this strategy before - it's one I got from a former Bossier City player I ran across in Vegas one day. He played a $25 DP with a $3 hop sevens hedge. This guy was a Don't player who never tossed the dice - he only bet on other shooters. If he hit the hop sevens bet he'd give the $25 DP a second shot but he'd parlay the first hit on the hop bet. If he got knocked off a second time he would not replace the DP but he would take the second parlay. If he won the second parlay he was done for the day. I could see you using this strategy as a shooter but flipping to the right side on the third shot.
Heavy posted this strategy and I've been experimenting with it of late. I've been using this strictly on random rollers and have been quite successfull with it. Today on a cold table I was up more than double my buy-in after two laps around the table. I've tweeked it to where I'm using a rolling progression with the bet on each sucsessive win ($25, $35, $45, $55, $65, and maxing out at $75) I'm also increasing my Hop 7's hedge accordingly, plus I've added a Yo hedge too.

When I'm shooting, I flip and shoot from the "right" side.

Also, if a shooter knocks me off by making his point I will not bet against him again on the DP line. I will though after he sets his second point make a DC bet on him regressing back to the $25 bet level. If that's knocked off I'm done with that shooter. If I see two shooters in a row make PL points and it appears the table is starting to heat up I will just transition back to making table min Pl bets on the RR's.

I've tried different "don't" strategies that include laying odds and I seem to loose my shirt every darn time I lay them. I've been avoiding odds and my bankroll thanks me!

Al

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 pm

Hi Bullies,
I too, was intrigued when Heavy posted this system. I would be very interested to hear how it works out for you.
See it in your mind FIRST...Then do it!

sharkbyte

Post by sharkbyte » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:13 am

The system MP discusses in his article is really worth looking at. It holds up well in testing.

Comparing it to Zumma rolls, it makes money between losses. I've also tried to build something to create a random conditional outcome. What I did was code an RNG, randomizing the seeding for each result; however, I may need to re-write it as I ran the equivalent of 120 hours of rolls (12000), and MPs system never failed once. A little too good to be true, I think.

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Sharkbyte wrote that he uses this Fibonacci sequence-
Fibo sequence: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89...

My question- When you win, what is your next bet? And the next one after that? When do you go down to the first bet of the sequence?
Thanks in advance...

sharkbyte

Post by sharkbyte » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:50 pm

Americraps wrote:Sharkbyte wrote that he uses this Fibonacci sequence-
Fibo sequence: 1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34-55-89...

My question- When you win, what is your next bet? And the next one after that? When do you go down to the first bet of the sequence?
Thanks in advance...
I actually stole a page from W7 and his Neural system. 1 hit, down 1 level. 2 consecutive hits, down 2. Down 2 on each consecutive after.

Also, if you get to the last 2 (or 3) bet levels, say 55 units. You hit, down to 34 and lose, then back to 55 and win...Then you reset the entire series back to 1 unit. You end up losing a couple units for the entire series, but that's better than getting caught-out with 2 more losses and losing an extra 144 units.

That safety move does cover a few series losses, but not all of them. Though I was only playing to the 21 unit level. That is because that is only 153/4 unit loss vs MPs 157 units. Those last 3 steps add another 178 units.

Considering how much better MPs worked, in testing, I think I would just run his at the $10/unit level.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:39 pm

Betting the traditional Fibonacci (as opposed to WB's neural mutant play) you repeat the last bet on a win. If you get two wins in a row then you start the sequence over with 1 unit. If you lose the second bet you continue the progression. And that is where the Fibo gets a little dicey.
"Get in, get up, and get gone."
- Heavy

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:20 pm

OK Thanks much guys.

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:41 pm

Update- So far I'm 12/14 playing Daves system. The two losses were big, $1400 and $1200 but even so, I'm up over $500. The losses were partly my own bad shooting and the result of a bunch of hot shooters at the table. I am not always stopping at $200 win goal, but not going a whole lot further either. On both losses, I ran out of time and energy. I would suggest that you play this early in the day, and block off the rest of the day if you need to dig out. I have started at midnight or later a few times and would have been better served to begin earlier.

amish dude

Post by amish dude » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:58 pm

I love the morning hardly any one is there dice come right to you even if there is 1 person at the table
i usually place a DP bet on them for $10! give me a win right off the bat
The opinions stated here are the sole opinions and rights of the Author

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:02 pm

Last night, I finally ran into Dave, of Daves System. I was able to ask him a few questions that I should've asked before I started playing "The Dave".Question 1) "How's it going?" I've been losing a lot of money in the last two years. Everybody is knocking me off.

Question 2) Did I overbet my stake when I layed $60/90 for the first thousand, and $120/150 for the next 2 thousand, and $240/$300 for the next $2K?
No. But I wouldn't recommend that. Just bring $600 and try to make $200. If you lose, go home and try it the next day.
Question 3) When you started out playing your system how did you do?
I won 72 times in a row and averaged over $xxx per win

Question 4) So you didn't stop at $200? No I was greedy, but I've been getting killed for the last 2 years.
My complaint about "The Dave" is that you have big losses and small wins. I was wrong, that's not " The Dave."

I went to play my other game and came back later when the table had an opening at SL. I played 3 hands betting rightside UH. The first hand was 8 rolls long and I made a little, next hand was in the mid teens and I did well. I almost made the tall but left the nine standing, and I forgot to lay it. My next hand lasted 3 rolls, and my final hand was in the low twenties, needing the 3 and yo to complete the ats. I made a reasonable amount on myself, but lost on others, down $20 net.

I could not get SR, so I didn't play the Dave on myself.

Hi Golfer,
I said Hi to Dave from you and he smiled.

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:39 pm

You guys are going to have to convince Dave to join the forum. I suspect he'd get a LOT of questions and quickly become an integral part of the place.
- Heavy

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:09 pm

He's not a DI, but he's got a cool DI betting system. I don't really know him very well as we've only had 2 conversations at the table, but I have played with him a few times. He knows he famous.

Golfer

Post by Golfer » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:26 pm

I don't think he knows me as Golfer. If you described me he might recall the big tall funny looking guy.

Stay with it. He might be losing but he is driving the Lexus he bought with previous winnings.

Golfer

Americraps

Post by Americraps » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Golfer- I used your first name, I did not use Golfer

Golfer

Post by Golfer » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:10 pm

I have seen Dave when he has spent 6+ or more hours trying to dig out of a hole. Tough way to win but yeah, the tide will turn sooner or later. The question is, do you have the bankroll to ride it out and the stamina to stand there until it does.

When I was playing Dave's way I would rarely go to 3 DC bets as I did not have the bankroll. Isgood, when I have played the Dave Way with him is fearless. He keeps going and it has served him well more than naught.

As you know, Dave likes to be there early, if you saw him late he might have been in one of those marathons.

At the end of the day Dave's isn't as much fun to play but you can win more easily and smooth out the rough waters........with discipline. Of course you could almost say that about the rightside.

Besides Dave, I think DF is another example of darkside+discipline sucess.

Later

heavy
Site Admin

Post by heavy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:30 pm

Okay boys and girls. I've done a little housekeeping and unlocked the $300 a day discussion. Feel free to catch up and post once again.
- Heavy

Knick111

Post by Knick111 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:00 pm

welcome back $300/day.

i've missed you. JAIME.

Agame

Post by Agame » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Welcome back, $300/day!! Missed ya much :)

What do people think of setting the 3V with only inside numbers on rotation and hopping the inside?
I did that this past Saturday and threw 8 inside numbers in a row. Lost the bet when the 9th roll was a hard 8--I hadn't covered the hardways and wasn't expecting to hit any with my crappy shot. But I definitely came out ahead on that bet.

Michael

Post by Michael » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Thanks Heavy.
Welcome back Agame.
Rock On
M & M

Golfer

Post by Golfer » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Agame, nice play but you shouldplay the hardways. Hope you designed some pressure or parlay moves in that play. Could be a a sweet chance to get fat and happy.

Play that in Detroit and watch the crowd go nuts. Hey MP?

Golfer